Optical flash link issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alanc48

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I tried a search with no luck. I'm having an issue with my optical flash link picking up the camera flash. I've tried all different positions on the adapter that goes around the lens, also tried moving the cable closer and further away from the camera flash with no luck. It's a DC1400 with the digital pro flash.

I'm assuming the strobe works fine itself when you do a test flash, and that the camera's flash itself is firing, correct?

If so, try a few things.
1) Make sure the link is pushed all the way up into the strobe before tightening it.
2) Strip about a cm of the black plastic at the tip that attaches to the camera, exposing the white flash cable, and give the entire strobe end a cm trim
just to make sure it's a clean connection
3) Make sure the flash link adapter is firmly in place on the camera
4) Make sure there are no breaks in the black plastic, or the light may leak out before reaching the strobe

Thank you, Pillpusher. Yes the flash works in test, it works when I take the optic cable out of the link adapter and press it directly against the camera flash and fire it. I will try these other tips

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom