The new 3000-S3 is available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have been browsing for information on net for tilly tec lights and where the US site is very informative, I have found contrasting information on other European till tec sites. For example, the LED3000 has a degree angle of 6 degtees resulting in a higher lux than the LED4500 which is 10 degrees, but other site quotes LED3000 as being up to 15 degrees if I remember correctly. Could this be clarified? Thank you.

Hello ztirfritz,

the older model 3000-S2 was focusable from 5-15 degrees. The new model 3000-S3 is a fixfocus with 6 degrees. These sites listing the old one and has not updated their sites. 3000-S2 is not available anymore, but they may have still some in stock.

thanks for the information. so i should conclude that the 4500led has 4500lumen with the 3000-s3 having 300lumen with the 3000led winning the lux rating due to its 6 degrees instead of the 4500led 10 degrees.

could you clarify how many leds the 4500 (not video) has, as UK site states 7 and US site states 9.

In addition could you also clarify the difference between the WARP models against other tilly tec models as far as heads go. i read that they are DIR therefore belt mounted etc.

Thanks

oh one other thing, with the 4500led (not video), are any of the leds independant, meaning should one set got out you could be left with the other set?

Thanks

I response between your questions.

thanks for the information. so i should conclude that the 4500led has 4500lumen with the 3000-s3 having 300lumen with the 3000led winning the lux rating due to its 6 degrees instead of the 4500led 10 degrees.
Absolutely right.

could you clarify how many leds the 4500 (not video) has, as UK site states 7 and US site states 9.

In addition could you also clarify the difference between the WARP models against other tilly tec models as far as heads go. i read that they are DIR therefore belt mounted etc.
With the WARP you can upgrade the canister with up to 20 hours burning time.
More here DIR Light | Canister & Lamps | Scuba Dive Lights

Thanks
YW

hi, is the tilly tec maxi still in production as cant seem to find it on website?thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom