What diopter to use with dome port?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slowhands

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I see Ikelite recommends a 4 diopter Close-up adapter when using a dome port with lenses that will not focus to 12 inches. What adapter do people use?

I apologise for the poor quality attached photo, but pipefish are tough to find and the damn camera would not focus in the dim light of the crevice I found him in. Cheers!

You, actually, got good focus lock. The trouble was the depth of field. The back of the pipefish is in focus. The head was out of line and out of the focus field. A different aperture might have helped create a deeper focus area.

Talk to Ike about your exact set-up.

Also check out www.wetpixel.com and do a search - there are a couple of recent threads and a couple of specific articles over there - sorry, I don't seem to have the links for some reason...I think there are links in a thread under DSLRs started by me earlier this week which might help locating what you need.

I don't see that any of your poor pipe is in focus :( Good memory shot - and a great excuse to head back :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom