Image Attachment Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Sorry guys...I know so little. If someone sends me an e-mail with multiple attachments, do I really have to open and download each one, one-by one? It takes forever. I was thinking maybe there would be a way to "select all" get them going and minimize the window while I do something else.....

It depends on the mail client you're using.

Eudora for instance will place all attachments in a single directory. MS Outlook doesn't.

So, what are you using?

kinda lookin' like a blonde convention in here.... uh...Orans, I do not know. Windows XP?...Yahoo? I have Outlook but I have never been able to work it, so I disabled it. Sad, huh?

Once I download an image, it stays in the original form on the hard drive but Picasa picks it up and files it in a way that it is convenient for photoediting.

Do I want Eudora?

The Mac email program "Mail" opens all the photos right in the email. Are you talking about the photos I sent you?

yes. :11:

I have to make about six moves for each image.

I encounter this a lot.....I put off opening because it takes so long and I do not want to begin unless I can finish because I might forget which one I was on....

catherine96821:
kinda lookin' like a blonde convention in here.... uh...Orans, I do not know. Windows XP?...Yahoo? I have Outlook but I have never been able to work it, so I disabled it. Sad, huh?

Once I download an image, it stays in the original form on the hard drive but Picasa picks it up and files it in a way that it is convenient for photoediting.

Do I want Eudora?
It's free and it will put all your attachments in one directory...

I'm not a PC guy but couldn't you open them and put them into a folder on your desktop and have the them appear as large thumbnails when you open it? That's what I do...

Diver Dennis:
I'm not a PC guy but couldn't you open them and put them into a folder on your desktop and have the them appear as large thumbnails when you open it? That's what I do...
That would still require opening them individually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom