Photo Challenged - HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trimix2dive

Contributor
Reaction score
OK - I am not an underwater photographer and I do not play one on TV. But I have been given on an unlimited time frame the following:

2 Nikonos Mark IV-A
1 Nikonos Mark V
3 strobes with arms
1 lens each 15mm, 28mm, 35mm, 80mm
view finders
filters
etc.

What would you use on the Oriskany to shoot - configuration and slide film ?

Besides housed F90X, i also used Nikonos V with 15mm lens. Depending on how powerful are your strobes, you can use 1 or 2 of them in conjuction with the 15mm lens. No experience with Nikonos IV, I heard it is not as good as Nikonos V

You can use just 1 strobe for Close Focus Wide Angle with a not too big subject in the foreground (eg, sponges or medium size gorgonian fan). Use 2 strobes for reef scene.

Nikonos V and the 15mm combination is one of the best setup for WA with superb optics quality. Make sure your view finder is DF-15.

The rest of the lens is not very useful unless you have specific subjects to shoot or used it with the framer for marco shots.

Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom