Suggestions or help with available programs for digital photo editing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tsea

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Folks, Iwould appreciate any suggestions or advice on choosing a digital photo editing program that would allow me to edit and create nice slideshow DVDs w/ music etc. Thanks, Tsea

photo editing and slideshow DVDs are 2 different sorts of programs. Don't know about the DVD program but photo editing your best bet is Adobe Photoshop however it is expensive but also available from certain 'shady' locations on the internet. PM me if you are interested.

Picasa, a free download from google does both. If you are not a computer person, start with this...it is great. You can download in five minutes and be on your way...the slideshow is "gift CD" and super easy.

Try the "I am feeling lucky" button, B/W, sharpen, contrast and fill-light.

check out the gimp. it's free and open source. it can do most things that adobe can do and there is an excellent online reference base. that's for photo editing. don't know of any good free video editing software but pinnacle studio is good (good = easy to use) and fairly reasonably priced. just google "gimp" and "pinnacle studio" and you'll find what you need.

TSea:

Although it costs $80 at my local Costco, check out Adobe Photoshop Elements 4. It has extensive photo editing capabilities and will allow you to create custom slide shows that can be burned to a DVD and played on most DVD players. If you get addicted to photoediting, most of the skills you learn in Elements are transferable to full version Photoshop when you are ready to upgrade. Photoshop has great raw support if you shoot in your camera raw format and this software is supported well by Adobe (just visit Adobe.com) There are numerous authors and training aids. Not free but well worth the money imo.

---Bob

For the money, I second the recommendation for Photshop Elements. Plus, when you eventually upgrade to the full Photoshop program, you'll have at least a basic familiarity with the program's language.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom