5 Minute Photoshop Edit for Underwater Photographers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I've added a new entry to my blog that provides a step-by-step 'how to' workshop for electronic (Photoshop) editing of underwater photos.

Whilst the techniques are valid for photographers at all levels, the use of color correction and backscatter removal will pay especial dividends for novice photographers with point-and-shoot cameras. With no external strobes, point-and-shoot cameras often provide photographs that appear to be 'washed out' and lacking in red pixels. Any use of the internal flash is likely to lead to significant 'backscatter' (reflections from suspended particles).

My article details a simple 10-step process that can provide nice results.

Before-After-Edit.jpg

You can find the blog entry here:
5 Minute Photoshop Edit for Underwater PhotographsScuba Tech Philippines – News & Articles

Enjoy!

Can't wait to try it. I've got a cameraful of pics from a recent dive that I still need to download.

Thanks for the info!

wOW.... that's nice and awesome photoshoping and diving. IF someone haven't a photoshop software on their computer, they can make use of free photoshop online to make editing in their photos.

Or, just use VividPix, spend less money, and do it all with just one click.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's really awesome! I can rather do this by using this photoshop online tool for creating such great images directly within the browser. It doesn't need to be installed on your device.

That's really awesome! I can rather do this by using this photoshop online tool for creating such great images directly within the browser. It doesn't need to be installed on your device.
Actually, it is not Photoshop online. It is an alternative to Photoshop, of which there are many.

Back
Top Bottom