LCD hood or shade for point-and-shoot camera housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElliottM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am using a Fujifilm F660EXR and WP-FXF550 housing, and I am very frustrated with one thing - most of the time I am unable to clearly see the image on the LCD monitor to properly compose or focus my shot. I have seen hoods sold for Sea and Sea and other manufacturer housings, but I haven't seen one for Fuji. So my questions are:
  1. If you have a hood or shade for your UW housing, does it make a difference?
  2. Do you know of a source for a hood/shade to fit the WP-FXF550? If not, are there any generic hoods that would work?
  3. I assume the hood would attach via a form of double-sided tape. What is your experience in the ruggedness and longevity of attaching a hood that way?

Stay wet!

Elliott

This is just a little off topic however you might look to see if your camera has an option to adjust the brightness of the LCD. Good luck in whatever you try.

Thanks, Karloss - that was the first thing I tried. I may just try to adapt a hood from another camera to see if it will help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom