Anilao Photo workshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwater Wank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just back from an Anilao, Philippines UW photography workshop (May 6-16, 2012) given by Scott Gietler and crew from UW Photographer's Guide & Blue Water Photo. It was held at Crystal Blue Resort in Anilao and the whole thing was great. Well organised, good blend of instruction, plenty of help, lot's of superb diving (my last dive at Coconuts was 102 minutes!) and a very enjoyable resort experience.

Group trips and workshops aren't my thing but I really enjoyed this one and feel it did improve my photography. I'm not connected to UWPG, Blue Water Photo or Crystal Blue Resort, just someone who very much enjoyed the workshop. (If you want to jump start your uw work you might check out their workshop schedule.)

Here are a few pics from the trip (Canon G-11, Sea & Sea strobes, Sub-See diopters). // ww

canned octo copy.jpgcrab feast copy.jpg

Long nose hawkfish copy.jpgmantis w eggs copy.jpgsquat hairy copy.jpgfinger nudi copy.jpgCBR front.jpg

George is that you?

I've got to second what "Warmwater Wank" had to say about this trip specifically and perhaps workshops in general (I say this, as this too was my 1st photo workshop) and I learned so much.

Carlos

LOVE Anilao! When I first arrived there 6 or 7 years ago, we checked in to a small local dive resort. Very rustic, but great. We grabbed a couple of tanks and hit the house reef. Well over 2 hours later we surfaced to "whoa, we thought you drowned"! Amazing diving and too many photos!

Carlos, George - thanks for the kind words about the dive trip. It was great having you guys there. Here's some guest photos from the 1st workshop, I'll be posting photos from the 2nd half of the trip soon! - Scott

I keep looking for a photo workshop but, with my work schedule, have not been able to find one that coincides with my breaks. :-(

Have seen some awesome photos from people I know that took the Anilao workshop that I as able to compare with their pre-workshop stuff..... all I can say is that teachers really know how to help people improve!!! :)

If anyone knows of a photo workshop during the winter holidays let me know! My main focus (no pun intended) is macro and supermacro.

Hey Carlos, yeah it's me.

CCruiser, gotta be workshops out there during the winter holidays but I'm not aware of what ones. Besides, I'm not totally sure it was the workshop instructors that accounted for improvement so much as the desserts at Crystal Blue! Well, ok. Scott, Mike & Matt did do a solid job but c'mon. Desserts like this really provided the photo challenges that accounted for much of the progress! (I know they helped Carlos!) :eyebrow: // ww
ps--Yeah, yeah, I should have used a lower camera angle!

CBR bday cake sm.jpgCBR desert 1 sm.jpg

Thanx Maria. The wave cake shot was the toughest. The current was really picking up and the sharks were circling, when grabbing the last breath from my tank I...Oh wait. Wrong cake shot, never mind! (Actually the Bananas Foster shot was the one I couldn't walk away from...) // ww

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom