Guadalupe White Sharks----any tips please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RStyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going in 2 weeks to do the Great White Shark trip on the Nautilus Explorer. Wondering if anyone has done any of these trips and has any tips or suggestions on best ways to photograph them

Been a long time since we did this trip, website has trip report, gallery and Multimedia show Aquablue Dreams. When in the cage the outside corners are the prime spots so negotiate some type of rotation with your cage mates. We found the sharks tended to stay on the side the current was pushing the bait away from the cage. I found the 17-35mm lens was just about perfect. You could go wider once you have some shots in the can. Get comfortable shooting natural light, but have strobes for close passes. If you have a drysuit bring it, I got "lucky" and many on our trip would skip rounds in the cage so I was able to stay in the water all day. You will have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom