Relieving your housing main oring once installed??what do you use??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris kippax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi allI am wondering what implements you guys, that do relieve your housings main oring use?I have heard of tooth picks/fingers/other various tools. As a diesel fitter i am always relieving orings but in much more forgiving applications I use a snap on seal pick, it is sharp and hard exactly what you dont want!! So I was wondering if anyone has seen a factory made "soft blunt plastic seal pick"??Thanks guys

Paper kitchen towel and push the O-ring from two points and it pops up easy to remove.

I'm like JamesK. I just push the o-ring together from two spots. It arches up and can easily be grasped and removed.

I use hotel key cards. I prefer ones from memorable hotels.

I'm like JamesK. I just push the o-ring together from two spots. It arches up and can easily be grasped and removed.

This is possible too of course, however the paper towel I find gives a better grip.

For the O-ring on the Nikonos connection it is so easy to squeeze and remove. I don't like to use anything that could possible damage the O-ring

I use the thin side of a cheap Pampered Chef plastic orange peeler with good success. Sounds strange, but it was the first thing in the house that I found that looked like it would work, so it became a permanent part of my camera kit.

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

James

Back
Top Bottom