Just got my First underwater camera please help.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phantomrider09

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I go the new gopro hero3 white edition and am leaving for a dive trip in 4 weeks. I have never really spent time doing video/photo but now I'm looking to try. I researched online but can not find specific for my exact questions.....I'm going to be diving the dry tortugas (clear blue water, coral reefs/wrecks 40-80'). First question is do I need the red filter? (Looking at the polar red snapon filter) Second it what fps and resolution settings are recommended. The camera has a bunch of options (I will not be using a light on those dives)The HERO3: White Edition captures professional quality video at 1080p-30, 720p-60, 960p-30 and WVGA-60 resolutions and frame rates. Photo resolution is 5MP and the HERO3: White Edition can capture burst photos at 3 frames per second. Time-lapse photo capture mode enables automatic photo capture at 0.5, 2, 5, 10, 30 and 60 second intervals...........I just don't want to mess up a great dive trip with a new camera. Any advice would be very helpful and anyothet tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Get a video light is my advice, and probably the best thing you can do for improving your video at those depths.

I run my gopro at 720/60.

There is a dedicated GoPro forum here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom