Camera/Equipment insurance ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for advice and/or experience underwater camera/equipment riders to Homeowners policies ? My H20 policy is up for renewal and I am checking into options if available.

Which insurance companies have offered a rider specifically for underwater camera equipment ?
Approximate cost per thousand ?
Deductible cost ?
Experience in making a claim .... pro's/con's ?

Thanks for any input.

Sue

If you're eligible, USAA offers an inexpensive Valuable Personal Property policy that is All-Risk with no deductible. It covers almost anything in the way of loss or damage. I flooded a housing last year and they covered it without question. There are a few recent threads on this topic, so try a search.

Divengolf offers very good advice, if you are not eligible for USAA try the company associated wit DAN.

I Would Not recommend DEPP, check threads on Scubaboard for full skinny.

I have my camera equipment on a special all perils rider on my state farm home owners insurance.

Made 1 claim, no issues, they paid up quickly and cheerfully.

I have 0 deductible full replacement cost (no idea what the premium is).

I have the same coverage and insurance as giffenk, same company - State Farm. same claim response - excellent.
Cost is about 1.5% of the replacement value - annually. Amazingly low cost for the coverage, in my opinion.
Its NOT a rider to another policy, its independent. No risk of home insurance costs going up due to camera system claims.

I am also looking for reliable camera insurance. I have read the various posts on here, but the problem is I do not OWN or RENT a home and therefore have no other insurance so can't get valuable personal property insurance without having something else insured. DEPP is not good insurance to have and my gear costs about $7000. Anybody else have any suggestions? Thanks =)

DAN Insurance
EQUIPMENT INSURANCE PLAN

The people you know and trust have found a plan to keep your gear in the picture.

SENN-DUNN-MARSH-ROLAND offers equipment coverage exclusively to DAN Members.

Coverage includes dive equipment, cameras, housings, lenses and strobes*.

Includes water damage (flood coverage) on all items.
Immediate binding coverage upon completion of the online enrollment.
We do not replace your equipment: we provide the replacement funds.
A+ rated insurance carrier.
Worldwide coverage territory.

I've got mine under the USAA VPP policy.

Hello everyone, I live in Quebec, Canada and I am looking for insurance for my new underwater camera gear... Dan's SENN-DUNN-MARSH-ROLAND unfortunately is ONLY available for US residents...... Any Quebecers out there have suggestions it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

I just do a personal article policy with my primary insurer (State Farm). Covers all my camera gear, lenses, housings, strobes, everything. Costs me like $150-200 a year for something like $15K worth of stuff. My main concern is theft or baggage loss, not flooding anything, though it covers both as I've explicitly asked and they know this is underwater equipment. For example, if my pelican case with all my housings and strobes went missing in checked baggage the airline would probably pay me like $100 and I'd be out more than $6K worth of gear. That's why I get insurance.

Back
Top Bottom