How does one get these results?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm not a photographer, but pics like this "style" have always captivated me. What's does one need or have to do to gets these amazing results? Is it technique? Gear? Post editing?

Its pictures and even videos of this magnitude that help keep this sport a passion for me :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374269462125.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374269462125.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 611
Wide angle lens, very high resolution camera. Notice the foreground is lit by artificial light which helps to contrast the natural light occurring in the background. It's a combination of technique, lighting, and high end equipment. I also would imagine a fair amount of touching up and color correction with Photoshop...

Study Martin Edge's book on underwater photography. The answer to your question and far more is there.

Thank you

and around $15 k to throw in the water!!!!

and around $15 k to throw in the water!!!!

Lol yeah I defiantly don't want to do that.

Aquabot, great question! All you need is a fisheye lens and a single good strobe. You don't need 15K :) around $2,630 will do it. The right composition, settings and dive model helps too. Resolution and photoshop / post-processing are not factors. Hope this helps! - Scott

Aquabot, great question! All you need is a fisheye lens and a single good strobe. You don't need 15K :) around $2,630 will do it. The right composition, settings and dive model helps too. Resolution and photoshop / post-processing are not factors. Hope this helps! - Scott

Thanks for you response! I've always seen amazing pictures and was curious at what people were doing to get them (wish I could remember the exact pic that made me wonder this.). My Gopro is doing more that enough for me tho at the moment lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom