Subsee and Inon macro lenses stackable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Megs.wilson

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,
Does anyone know if the subsee diopter +5 stacks with inon ucl165? I have an adapter on my canon housing for a macro lens and already have the inon lens, but both are 'female' threads.
I see the subsee has a male thread on the botttom but is it possible to stack the inon somehow?
Advice appreciated

---------- Post added January 29th, 2014 at 02:03 AM ----------

The adaptor is the i-das flip adaptor 67mm thread

If you look at your inon lens you see that has also a female thread on the outer side that is where another lens will stack on

Out of interest why would you not buy exactly the same lens you already have instead of the subsea?

Because the subsee is the lens ive wanted all along but i bought a heap of stuff from inon so they gave me a really good price from the lens

The subsea adapters have a standard 67mm male thread on one end only. You can not stack anything onto the front of the subsea.

I suggest you buy the subsea +10 and use it directly on your camera.

The new versions of the subsee also have threads at the end but are designed for filters not lenses. The chromatic aberration that a lens like an inon or a dyron two element lens creates can be easily removed in post. Having two 5/6 diopters is a more versatile solution than a single 10 because there will be subjects that won't let you get so close

you can stack the inon on the newer subsees

You would not stack a stronger lens over a weaker one, always have strongest first then weaker as this will give less vignetting and more useable focal length with better optical quality

Yes, the quality will suffer if the OP stacked the inon on a subsee +5. Now if the OP was getting a +10... :)

She already has an Inon UCL165 but wants to try the subsee, the reality is that she could buy another Inon and once you go in lightroom you can remove the fringing and voila all done
If she gets a +10 then there won't be anything to shoot at distances more than 8-10 cm and some fish don't like you to get too close

Back
Top Bottom