colors in water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaworm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What is the max depth a camera can take pic before color starts disappearing 10ft or more?

Depends on the water. It could be just a foot or two. But it always happens by 30 feet or so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

In clear tropical water at noon, colors without a strobe can still look allright up to 10 meters deep. Naturally, the reds will disappear first, blue last. In any case, good strobe use can alleviate all of that color loss. Happy snapping!

Colors (especially reds) pretty much start to go away immediately.

light_spectral_absorption_water1.jpg

Im diving in the gulf of Mexico, the water is 25-30 ft easy viz, clear water too no snot or junk floating, my go pro without a filter is all Green, lime green colored video. I purchased 3 filters off ebay for a gopro. Im wondering what the consensus is on the proper filter. Diving 100 ft is normally very clear and lit up Which colors of lenses should I use? Its a vague question but I have no experience in this field. just finding stuff!
IMG_5464.jpg

Back
Top Bottom