Cheap wide angle adapter to old camera....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bordiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi!

Forgive me if this a dumb question, but would it be possible for me to add a cheap wide angle adapter (0.45, for instance) to the outside of my Fuji F-30 underwater case? Would it work underwater as it would on land? I mean, the wide angle effect is the same? Can this be done? Or underwater wide angle adapters are a special thing, different from the generic ones?

Thanks!

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Hum.. let me put it this way.... What happens if a get a cheap wide angle adapter (dry lens) to a similar diameter of the OUTSIDE port of my old PS camera (Fuji F30), adapt it to use as a wet lens. Will it work? How the magnification (0.42x) will work?

Has anyone done it before? I have a friend who´ll sell really cheap to me this wide angle adaptet, so it would be just for fun of trying it. I live abroad, these INON, Sea and sea lenses are not available here and I don´t want to invest much on an old camera....

Thanks!

Ok! Thanks! I think my doubts are solved!! It was hard to find on google.. ehehe... thanks for the help!

having had a "cheap land based WA lens" get knocked into a pool, I can vouch the results of combining water and the dry land lens yields bad results...

what about cheap diopter lenses? They are usually one element, so there is nowhere for the water to leak into except maybe corrode the ring, which if you rinse and soak properly after every dive, should not have any serious corrosion.

67mm diopter

I've used a non-diving diopter lense... Its a fairly simple construction and worked well... Probably done 15 dives and it looks no different from when I bought it...

360378955342_1.jpg

67mm +10 Diopter macro Closeup Lens | eBay

I've put it on the front of an Inon-UCL-165 M67... BTW because of the shape of the lense, you can't stack them. Out of water with a test card, you can see the magnification but i keep meaning to verify its making a difference underwater... Its been to 30m depth no probs...

I've used a non-diving diopter lense... Its a fairly simple construction and worked well... Probably done 15 dives and it looks no different from when I bought it...

View attachment 189372

67mm +10 Diopter macro Closeup Lens | eBay

I've put it on the front of an Inon-UCL-165 M67... BTW because of the shape of the lense, you can't stack them. Out of water with a test card, you can see the magnification but i keep meaning to verify its making a difference underwater... Its been to 30m depth no probs...

maybe I'll try getting something like this this time. Even though my camera has macro mode, the flash disable its TTL, thus I have to use slave mode and adjust the strobe. Plus it zooms into 50mm equiv. It's very hard to shoot with the critter a few mm in front of your lens port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom