Lighting for a gopro hero question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajtoady

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Found out my Hero doesn't do well in lower light conditions. Does anyone have any suggestions for an economical light array that would help and not be overly gangly? Any suggestions are appreciated!! Found this out on the Vickery in the ST. Lawrence. Hit the bottom at the stern and snapped a few while planted at 125-130'. Nothing turned out!! Please help!!:D

There are a zillion small, LED lights out there now, (I know how many, I have most of them). Any of them can be mounted to a tray in a variety of ways. Questions are about standard vs. proprietary batteries, burn time, softness of lighting (important for video) and price. I just saw some killer lights from UK at a friends dive shop grand opening, they were quite nice. I have and use and like lights from L&M (sola/gobe), Itorch, LaLuz, Princeton, Nocturnal and a few very cheap ebay versions from China. All can work, you need to go play with some after you set your budget.
Bill

Wow, I think I have a different definition of economical.....lol. I use 2 of the $49 rechargeable LED lights from dive gear express for video and to light shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The DRE lights are quite bright, but very hot (6500K) and not terribly well diffused, they are more spotlight than video light. That being said, if it works for you go for it.
Bill

Agreed, and home made diffusers are cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom