What type of focus light do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antagonist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
recently I bought had a sola 800 until it fell of my housing shot mount and didn't notice until I went to turn it on. I don't want to spend $460 again so I am looking for recommendations. It's a toss up between itorch 6 (I know its same price as sola) ,fix neo 800, or just a cheaper 200.00 focus light. It will function as my primary light at night also. Advice or recommendations?

Sola dive 800 I think it is on offer at $299 and you can use it for macro video and as dive light
All the others you mention do not have a spot option and your dive buddies on a night dive will not like you with a wide beam

I have the i-Torch Pro 6 and it's a perfect multi purpose light such as focus light white or red (dont need hight power), video light and purple light for special effect photos.

Envoyé de mon SM-T310 en utilisant Tapatalk

The iTorch FishLite v24 has about the same 2400 lumen power as the Pro6 and is only $349 now. It has 3 steps of white and 3 steps of red, 2 batteries and comes with a YS mount - you can change to a ball mount as an option. You don't have a battery power indicator and the button for it is on the back. But I think it's a very good light for the money.

itorch-fishlite-1.jpg

You can also refer to our Focus/Video Light Specifications Chart to compare most models. There are a few new ones we need to add yet, its an ongoing process ;-), but it should help you.

I have just purchased one of the Big Blue focus lights. 900 lumens, 4 steps of brightness, red and yellow filter.

Not tried it yet as a result of my housing fooding a couple of weeks ago and now in the middle of the insurance claim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom