Magnifying sheet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbilicska

Contributor
Reaction score
Hope everyone is having a good day on this rainy NJ night.
I haven't been able to go snorkeling/free diving in quite some time. I have an Olympus 7070 camera with an Ikelite housing. As the years have passed my vision has of course gotten worse. I've heard about some problems with those seedive magnification lens. Is there a magnification lens that I can put right on my liveview viewfinder or is there a better way to get around this.
Thanks in advance
Joe B

If you could figure out a way to mount this on your Ikelite housing, it will probably help.

Nauticam LCD Magnifier with Dioptric Adjustment [nau.25106] - $170.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

nau.25106.JPG

Thanks
I wonder if it can be somehow fitted onto an Ikelite housing.
Ikelite has similar ones on their website for DSLR's but even if it fit my housing they would run $850 to $950

Thanks that's a possibility
Corrective lenses for your mask, wont work if you have Presbyopia(only have trouble with small things close up), it will make normal sized, objects very blurred, your better off getting a flip down magnifier on an Apollo mask- expensive for what it is $375usd- Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Masks: Bio Metal Pro
They have 3 sizes- 110cc is what most men would need.

Presbyopia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another idea(cheaper) would be to use a plastic magnifier and hinge it or put on a flexi arm so it sits in front of your live view whilst shooting photos.

You can get bifocal masks. Mine have both distance and close up corrections.

Thin magnifying sheets are available in a variety of sizes for use with documents, maps, and such. Some are meant to use with direct contact, some by holding above the object. I don't believe you can expect a high level of magnification from anything in direct contact, but maybe something glued to the viewport of your Ike housing would be set far enough away to give at least a decent boost.

I've got a few I stash here and there for use should I not have reading glasses available. I'd say an office supply or map store is your best best if you want to see what you're buying, but in truth I don't recall where I've gotten mine, other than online.

Go for the prescription mask. I appreciate that you're free diving, but presumably you are wearing a depth gauge, so the mask will work for that as well. The little stick-on jobbies are ok, but come loose eventually.

Back
Top Bottom