Sea & Sea 750 Help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daxter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I have a question about settings for the Sea & Sea 750. My wife got the camera for Christmas and our only experince with underwater photo is with point and shoot cheap cameras. So I ask you what do we set the camera on for shots and we dont at this point have strobes. Just looking to get started. Any tips, comments, or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Without a strobe, you can do two things:

1. macro photos of subjects right in front of the camera. Try to be closer than 1ft. Set the camera to macro and put the flash on. It's probably easiest to use automatic and expsure compensation.

2. silhouettes without flash. Get down and shoot upward.

And remember to st the white balance underwater. I to got this camera for christmas, took it to cosumel dec 29th, all my photos hade a blue tinge to them. I might have to go back and reshoot these{ what a bummer}. also I sugest a 1 gig card, with a very fast write speed. thanks Dan

OK, next question. After setting the whitebalance do you just leave the camera in auto or a different mode. Which strobe do you all recommend have heard that the 15 is to small but like I have said I know nothing about photos underwater. Dan I as well am headed to Coz soon so just trying to get ducks in a row for a few good pictures.:)

Leave the camera on auto. I would look at a YS55 or Inon 2000. Both are more versatile than the YS15.

Another option you could try is to put a magic filter over the camera lens. Instead of a strobe, buy the wide angle lens. Every few feet, you manually white balance. This camera is supposed to support manual WB. The best part is that you can keep shooting, since you won't have to wait for the flash to recycle. What you give up are a) deep shooting b) macro with flash (unless you can mount the filter outside). www.magic-filters.com

Here's Sea & Sea's web site:

http://www.seaandsea.com/

The YS 25 strobe will work pretty well with this camera, though some sort of arm will be requires. I would highly recommend a wide angle lens, but get it after you purchase a strobe.

Another web site is:

www.jackandsuedrafahl.com

They published a book, last summer, titled: Master Guide for Digital Underwater Photography. This is a good buy, covering most of the basics for a beginning digital photographer.

I tried an underwater color compensation filter. It increased my exposure by 2 stops and the orange color was worse to deal with than the blue/green shift.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom