Best (cheap) internet store for UW strobes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arenny

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for strobes and was wondering if you guys had a favorite online store. Good prices, of course! Thanks!

The online dive shops are good for big ticket items like primary lights. But I find that the smaller stuff, like strobes or tank markers will end up costing more-way more if bought online because of the shipping. Unless, you make it part of a larger order then it doesn't really make a difference, imo.

ScubaToys has good prices on pretty much everything. I'd recommend them.

I think you meant camera strobes?

since this is in the UW photo section they're probably talking about a camera strobe, not a tank light.

Sorry, I meant camera strobe - slave - for an Oly C5050 in PT 15

thanks!!!

Adoramma or B and H. I think Adoramma is owned by the same Hacidic Jews that have Leisure pro and are based in NYC. ( just have your act together when you call, and be ready to move along!)
Customer service is better than I had heard. they have always been very efficient! Hard to beat their prices

I have bought tons of stuff from Leisure pro and like their service, unfortunately they are out of the inexpensive strobes. thanks!

"Inexpensive" and "strobes" are not 2 words commonly found in the same sentence, in my experience. There are certainly some less expensive than others, but you get what you pay for. If you are looking for something new, Ryan at www.reefphoto.com is your best online source. Otherwise, I would suggest searching the classifieds here and eBay for a used one. Just make sure whatever you consider buying is compatible with your system -- a strobe triggered by the 5050's internal flash via a fiber optic cable. New, expect to pay around $600. Used, you might find something around $300. Good luck!

Hi Jennifer!
I was actually looking for a cheap strobe for John who is just starting, something like the sunpak g-flash. I got a YS90 that I love but was $$$. THe camera is working great! Thanks for selling it to us. ANother question for you... do you know if the C5050 takes 2gb compact flash cards? I heard people say it does and it doesn't around here.... I bought a 1gb xdcard and found out the hard way it is not compatible!
thanks and I hope you are doing well.
Andrea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom