Problem with Bonica housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
This past weekend at Vortex Spring, I was trying out my digital cam with Bonica housing. The problem was, when I'd depress the shutter lever, often it wouldn't take a photo. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I missed a lot of great pics and I'm a little frustrated. The camera has a block that screws to the bottom of it, that allows it to slide into the housing. I'm wondering if I need to put a shim in between the mounting block and the bottom of the camera, or if there's some other way to make this thing behave the way it's supposed to. The camera is a Mercury CyberPix E-550V, 5.0 MP.

Thank you for any help or insight on this.

From what I have been thru with my P&S, I would say it could be a couple of things:

1) it isn't sitting 100% correct in the housing and the button isn't getting pressed as it should. Has happened to me once before i.e. the silica gel packet causes the camera to be off a tad

2) The camera (a point and shoot, right?) is having a hard time focusing and/or deciding what the correct settings should be to get the picture. I have to press the button several times and move around a bit to get different angles before I get the picture.

Hope something sounds familiar

Aloha,
Lisa

well if it is a focusing problem you will hear the camera trying to focus and if it doesn't get it - it won't take the picture. Sorry I can't say more.

oh, one more thing. If your camera has the setting, go for sport or something like that...it will be a bit of a faster aperature/shutter combo. If I may suggest, if you are going for a new camera, look for one that offers the possibility to adjust the settings manually....it over rides that problem a bit.

Back
Top Bottom