Batch Processing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have never attempted to process a batch of anything in PS7. Is it possible to take a bunch of RAW pics through a process to convert them to JPEG? I have the Oly RAW converter plug-in for PS7.

I realize that there may be limitations to the adjustments in the converter, I would be willing to sacrifice some quality to get quantity processed for the particular pics I want to convert.

Anybody know how I can get there from here :D?

Good question. I tried desperately to do that. After much frustration, I went back to the Adobe web site and it said the RAW converter wouldn't work with PS7. I gave up and downloaded Rawshooter essentials, which is free. Then a friend of mine who is an IT guy at the local JC told me he has PS7 and that he has the RAW conversion plug-in and uses it. I plan to hit him up for more info. I'll keep in touch. Maybe someone else will chime in. If not, if your PC is up to date, the Rawshooter essentials program is easy and free, and you can post-process the pics on PS7 if you want to. If you can get the RAW pictures to load on PS7, you should be able to just click on Browser, choose your shot and save it as a TIFF or JPEG in the "FILE" menu. If you want to adjust the pixel density or the image size, do that in "IMAGE". My problem has been, at least with the plug-in that I loaded, PS7 won't recognize the RAW files, even if I use the Adobe "RAW negative" plug in first. It may be that my camera is on a different RAW format or something like that. The SP-350 uses the W7070 RAW format, and Adobe may not recognize that one.

After some additional internet research, the story is that Adobe used to sell the PS7 raw plug-in for $99, but have since dropped it from the website, now offering only CS2 free upgrades. If you already have the correct one, it hopefully should recognize your RAW files and allow you to put them on "BROWSER"

PS 7 is now two generations old. Each type of sensor chip has different RAW image attributes and this is further complicated by individual camera manufacturers.

I think you are going to have to perform your RAW conversion outside of PS7, or upgrade to CS2. While the upgrade price is steep, if you have a friend or relative who's a teacher or student, you may be able to get an educational version rather reasonably priced.

Here's a link to a RAW discussion page on imaging-resource.com:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/SOFT/PCR/PCR.HTM

It looks like there might be some plugins which may work for you in the section labeled "Handling RAW".

Saw a talk by Jack and Sue Drafahl last weekend at Our World Underwater. I like their digital photography book and they are cooking up a tutorial CD disc with PhotoShop processing actions specifically for underwater imaging. Here's their website:

www.jackandsuedrafahl.com

Thanks for the help - I'm doubting if this can be done in PS7 due to it not recognizing the ORF file format.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom