Quickly Remove a color cast from your photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sloss

Contributor
Reaction score
Split between Denver, Colorado and Rimini, Italy
Hello friends,

Just wanted to share a new tutorial I have placed up on my site to help underwater photographers remove inherent color casts from their images. While there are quite a few ways to do this, this tutorial helps shooters of all levels snap their colors back in line using Photoshop.

Here is the link:

Quickly Remove a Color Cast - Underwater Photoshop

Enjoy the tip! :)

Best,
Doug

Hello friends,

Just wanted to share a new tutorial I have placed up on my site to help underwater photographers remove inherent color casts from their images. While there are quite a few ways to do this, this tutorial helps shooters of all levels snap their colors back in line using Photoshop.

Here is the link:

Quickly Remove a Color Cast - Underwater Photoshop

Enjoy the tip! :)

Best,
Doug

Excellent information! Thanks for sharing that.

I just downloaded your tutorial to my travel notebook, which of course is the one with CS3 installed on it.

I'm a bit of a procrastinator and have lightroom too... but just haven't gotten around to installing it. Hopefully I'll get it down before I head over to Dominica this june. :coffee:

Nice... too bad I will be missing you at Little Cayman by a year. Looks like I will be bringing a group back down there June or July 2011. :)

What about tips for us CS3 users...

Coralcrusier,

Too bad we'll miss each other down in Little Cayman. Looking forward to this years Shootout; it should be loads of fun! Enjoy your time there next year. I'll try to post some pics sometime in July when we get back.

As far as the tutorials go, they all can be applied using CS3 minus the handful of lessons that are feature based for just the new features inherent in CS4. For example, this particular tip can easily be done using CS3; I just happened to screen capture it using CS4. The shot by the way is from Ulong Channel in Palau, just before the large stand of lettuce coral halfway through the dive (incoming). Give it a try!

Doug

Back
Top Bottom