Tethered INON UFL165AD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Finally got some free time to tinker around with getting a leash on my INON UFL165AD. Have heard stories of them coming off the mounts and getting lost.

Anyway, found a 1/4'' inch wide ziptie and wrapped some heat shrink tubing around it to add some grip on the lens barrel. Drilled a small hole 3/32" hole I think. Got some cord from junked blinds for the tether.

No slipping and feels quite secure. Only improvement I can think of is a black color ziptie and cord.

5082581823_32e2e8df85_z.jpg

5082581487_c0932b26d7_z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Thanks.

I was wanting to do something about this as well having read some of the same stories :)

Had the same issue with a Inon 165 macro lens, but zipties slipped too easily for my liking, so a very tentative pair of 1.5mm holes drilled in the external screw thread and some braided nylon gives me a little security. Not a nice feeling watching the drillbit go into the lens tho......pls dont slip !!!
Moose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom