DIY - INON AD Lens Holder on Zulu Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Attached my Inon AD lens holder to a Heavy Duty ZULU Strap 25mm width. I plan to use it on macro only dives where I wont have the WA and just have myFIX S90 with a single inon s2000 on a flex arm.

Will dive it this weekend to see how it works in actual use.

Just used a flat screw counter sunk on a small 25 x 36mm aluminum plate. 5mm dia. hole through the top layer of the ZULU strap.

IMG_6133.JPG

IMG_6132.JPG

IMG_6135.JPG

I would not call it "machining". Just has some aluminum that happened to be 25mm and just cut it tio the right size and drilled a hole. Had to counter sink the hole. That was the "machining" bit. No big deal though.

If I did not have that piece of aluminum handy, I would have used a thick piece of kydex or other flat plastic piece from scrap.

Let me know how it goes with the UWL100. Hope it works out for you.

Ozzi I got the strap and am getting the plastic piece done
Just to confirm what thickness is your plate? I measured the INON holder and it can take 5 mm however the strap will also take 1-2 so am getting a plate that is 3 mm thickness
Also did you use a countersunk M5 10 or 12 mm long?

Can't remember the exact specs but here are approximate specs. The plate is at most 2mm. Did not counter sink all the way as a result. The screw was just long enough so the end would not touch down when tightened. have to punch a hole on the webbing for the screw to pass through. Make sure to singe the frayed bits with a lighter.

I have found a 3mm polypropylene that looks solid and measured that the holder screw goes in 5 mm so an 8mm M5 should do the job I am going for a marine grade A4
The zulu is at most 1mm so I should have 9 mm thickness with a 8mm screw
The polypropylene will need counter sinking, how did you do that on your aluminium? I think with plastic I can do it almost by hand but risk not to be very precise

I got the polypropylene done 3 mm thickness the strap is 1 mm so overall is smooth on two layers
I have also ordered a din7991 M5 10mm marine grade I will proceed with the drilling over the week end I will post a picture of the item once finished

Ozziworld
I finally completed it. I used a 24 mm Zulu strap as you recommended and a 3 mm polypropylene plate that I had to drill to countersink a 10mm M5 A4 screw

The plastic I chose is incredibly strong which meant that to counter sink I needed a drill bit for metal special for countersunk sockets

Results in the picture

Attachments

• Back plate.jpg
    Back plate.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Side view with INON M67 Lens Holder.jpg
    Side view with INON M67 Lens Holder.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Side view with INON M67 Lens Holder.jpg
    Side view with INON M67 Lens Holder.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Back plate.jpg