Wet Macro Lens Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mooseman1007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im off to Lembeh in March and need to add another wet lens to my EPL-2 setup. I have one Inon 165 already from my compact setup and although happy with the results, I did notice some chromatic abherrations in some conditions (not sure if it was from the Inon lens or from the Panasonic TZ10's own lens).
Anyways the question is what diopter to add for best effect on the kit lens of the EPL-2, whilst either leaving the Inon on the compact for my fiance, or to stack on the EPL2 as necessary.

I see the choices as another Inon M165 (rather than the weaker 330), an Epoque DML-2, FIT +5 (possibly also a little weak), +8 or +16, or a subsee +5 or +10. Could someone please let me know the advantages of these lenses as a comparison. Ideally I would add 2 so I can stack on the olympus and leave one on the panasonic but thats a budget issue :)

Hope you can help
Mooseman

The only one I have used is the Inon UCL 165. I have two that I stacked on the E-PL2 with the stock port and 14-42. You have to zoom it all the way out to 42 or you end up with a funny round picture. At f11 it gives you a very narrow field of focus but it sure works good.

I bought the subsee +10 to take with me when I went to Lembeh two years ago and am glad I did!! Wish I were heading back there this March but I only have a week off so am heading to Roatan instead.

Maybe I'll go back there next Christmas... have two weeks and can't make up my mind where to head to.... too many great macro locations and not enough time off to get to all of them!!!!!!!!!!

Well the decision was made for me when I spotted a pair of Inon 165's in the classifieds for half price....They may not be the best or strongest lenses, but the money saved went towards a Sola focus light...BONUS
Roll on the critters !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom