closeup Aquatica +10 or subsee +10 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BuceoW

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to know if someone test this 2 macro lens ? if yes what is the difference in quality and power ?
thanks

I haven't tested or used the Subsee, as I choose the Aquatica over the Subsee for my NEX7 system because it is considerably smaller and lighter from what I had seen and read from those that own both. The diopter has excellent glass and has given me sharp responses with very little CA (see hair on crab below). It's been excellent, especially used on APS-C sensor cameras. The new larger and heavier Subsee's are designed for FF, along with the Aquatica I believe, so it works great with cropped sensors. Plus, you can mount 52mm filters or lens cap to the front, something I highly recommend, as a boatman laid the rig down face up into the glaring hot Thai sun and fried my camera len's aperture in a couple of minutes from the sun's magnified and focused rays passing through the diopter. Fortunately, my 25MP NEX 7 sensor was spared. The diopter doesn't come with a cap, but any 52mm lens cap will work. Nikon makes a nice one with a strap. Now I cover the diopter before I get to the surface and hand the camera to the boat person.

I use the A+10 with my 18-55mm Sony zoom and a Nauticam swing mount that lets me use the 18mm for some mild wide angle to normal lens coverge or go to 45-55 with the Aquatica+10 for decent close macro. It's a nice versatile single dive set-up.

Some recent photos with 18-55 zoom and Aquatica +10:

PG Red Crap 2.jpgYellow Corral Solo Abstract 1-F.jpgPG Abstract 9.jpg

If they are both +10 (underwater) then they will both have the same magnification. In terms of quality, I think both are quite well made, ergonomics might dictate one or the other for you.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom