snorkeling equipment (newbie question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

woot

New
Reaction score
So , I'm going to Maldives for a few weeks for some snorkeling. Don't own any uv-photo equipment so here is my question;
Should i just go with something simple like canon powershot d20/ or Olympus tg-1
or get Olympus xz-1 + pt-050 (can get both for 350$) och just stick my old dslr with flash in a ewa-marine bag and hope for the best?

and while on the subject, which is more useful while snorkeling macro or wide angel, do I need a strobe while snorkeling
and would an UWL-100 28M67 be a total waste of money, just for snorkeling?

Hope someone can sort it out, thanx and cheers!

Get a submersible dedicated Canon or Oly. Better pics, much more flexible, easier to operate. For snorkeling wide angle is usually more useful. It's difficult to compose and hold a macro. shot unless you are snorkeling in knee deep water. The dedicated snorkeling cameras have more setting flexibility appropriate to shallow uw conditions.

Hi

Thanx for the reply!
I really was hopping the xz-1 was a better choice considering the iq of the land-photos I've seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom