CFWA with compact camera and fisheye lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NautilusCairns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Canon S95 in a Recsea housing with an Inon UFL 165 AD lens. I have read conflicting advice on whether to have the camera in macro mode when taking CFWA photos to allow the camera to focus more closely. It is all about the virtual image being close to the dome. I haven't done so and my foregrounds look OK, but maybe that is because my photos are more WA than CFWA. Would appreciate views of people who have tried with and without the camera in macro when using a fisheye lens and having the foreground very close to the dome port.

The use of macro mode or not depends on the camera is not to do with the lens only
With the S95 no macro is fine up to around 5cm from the dome then it won't focus and you need macro. So for cfwa generally you shoot normal. If you shoot a portrait right on the dome you need macro
I have found that with macro on though it does not focus at one foot

Thanks that seems to sum it up nicely. I'll try some really close focus shots to see when I need macro mode on in order to focus on the foreground subject.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom