Cold water photography gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linda M

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I enjoy underwater photography here in Northern California. Unfortunately pressing the buttons on the camera housing can be a challenge with heavy dive gloves. Does anyone have any suggestions as to gloves that will maintain warmth while allowing for the dexterity needed for photography. I have found several online and would love some feed back on them or others that may be a favorite of yours. I found the Henderson H2 hyperstretch titanium gloves and the Fouth Element gloves.

I use Fourth Element 5 mm gloves. I stay fairly warm and can still operate all the buttons on my OLY Pen housing.

That's great. I have not any, but now become very much interested to grab one!

For cold water, nothing beats a dry glove system for warmth and dexterity. Much better than wet gloves in my opinion.

I use the SI Tech glove lock QCP system (SI TECH Dry Glove Systems) with those blue gloves (Atlas 660 i.e., Atlas 660 - Atlas Gloves | Showa Best Glove), and just a thin liner underneath. Perfect for underwater photography! There are also other dry glove systems available that are good too.

I also have the SI Tech rings but use the black/orange latex gloves stretched over the rings with a poly/ wool liner and I find that they work well with the Ike housing for my Sony.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom