Flooded camera - pictures saved!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikkilj

Contributor
Reaction score
I wanted to share my experience with recovering underwater photos and videos from a corrupted SD card. My underwater camera flooded during my honeymoon, with nearly 700 photos thought to be lost. The computer said that the memory card was not able to be read. The contacts on the SD card had salt crust on them, so I tried rinsing the SD card in fresh water and then placed it in a bag of rice to dry. 48 hours later, the card would still not read. I searched online for various data recovery companies, and Recoverfab.com had great reviews and the most competitive pricing. I shipped the card to them in Germany and a few days later, I was told that all of the photos and videos had been recovered, and now all of my memories have been saved.

I wish I could say the same for the camera, but at least that can be replaced. :)

Nice Job. What brand SD card were you using?

Lucky you. Had my camera(s) flooded twice, once in fresh water in Great Lakes and once in salt water in Honduras. Both times pictures were saved though each time I surfaced and first thing removed the SD card. I am using SanDisk Extreme and it still in works on my third camera. Camera can be replaced, pictures you really want to be saved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom