Dive harness for PSD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveExplorer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does your team uses harness under BCD or backplate ?

If so what type do you use ?

Sometimes we get task´s that is in very difficult and inaccessible places where we might need to rappel and climb on. Then is safer to use full harness under bcd or the backplate.

Also if we are diving using umbilical or a line the harness will give us good and secure places on the harness to lock the line or cable.

There are a couple of ways you could do this. The first is with a commercial diving harness that you can connect you tank and BC to directly. This also has the advantage of being very low profile while replacing heavier equipment. This can also be worn under whatever you are using now.

IMG_2365.jpgIMG_2364.jpg

The second way is to make your own custom harness out of seatbelt webbing, this would be better if you are going to ware it under your existing set up as you will not even know it is there. It is simple to make, all you need are 4 rings, seatbelt webbing and pop rivets. I know this pic does not look like much but that is because it has spent thousands of hours underwater.

photo.jpg

For your needs I think you would be much better off using the commercial diving harness.

Yes I agree that commercial dive harness would be the best option.

So my department bought this type.

Bell Safety Harness

We use the LGS Harness or similar. We add an additional D-ring positioned at the center of the front strap for tether attachment. This way, diver is same distance from tender whether he/she is swimming right or left.

LGS Harness

I think you need a special rated harness that is for rappelling. Most PSD harnesses are not rated for that. I think safety regs. require leg straps as well as shoulder straps. We use the LGS harness which is great for diving, but I wouldn't rappel in it.

Back
Top Bottom