Cost of Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures (Combined) Course (not including books)

A "Fair" Price for a Combined Adv. Nitrox and Deco Procedures Course (not inc. books)

• $150 - $199

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $200 - $249

• $250 - $299

• $300 - $349

• $350 - $399

• $400 - $449

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • $450 - $499

• $500 - $549

• $550 - $599

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • $600 - $649

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • $650 - $699

• $700 - $749

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike.chuanshi

Contributor
Reaction score
While looking around at different course offerings, it has become apparent that there is a very wide range in training (instruction) costs for the combined adv. nitrox/deco procedures courses. For those of you who have taken the course and/or are instructing it, running a shop, etc., what do you consider to be a "fair" price (including everything except the books) for each course when taken together (assuming most places give a better deal when the courses are taken together than desperate)?

In addition, how many dives would you expect to be included in the combined course (total for both)?

Locally it goes for about $1k not including gas, books or boat trips.

Chicago area it is about $900 with books, you would cover the cost of gas and charters.. You are talking about 5 days of training, I think it is fair to budget $200 a day for technical training...

Did you ran out of space to keep on going with the price increase in the options?

Locally it goes for about $1k not including gas, books or boat trips.

So about $500 each? What would be the price per course if the gas and boat trips were included?
Do you get a significant discount by taking the two courses together as a combined course?

---------- Post added February 25th, 2014 at 09:23 AM ----------

Did you ran out of space to keep on going with the price increase in the options?

The title of the poll isn't very clear - my bad (I tried to clarify in the post below the poll). I was asking about the price per course when taken together.

I charge $600 for IANTD Adv Nitrox which includes deco. I have seen several instructors here in FL charge $600.

Is the deco part of your course just as comprehensive as it would be if you took, say, the TDI deco procedures course?

I charge $600 for IANTD Adv Nitrox which includes deco. I have seen several instructors here in FL charge $600.

Is the deco part of your course just as comprehensive as it would be if you took, say, the TDI deco procedures course?

Yes but as I am sure you know the instructor is a large factor in this.

So about $500 each? What would be the price per course if the gas and boat trips were included?
Do you get a significant discount by taking the two courses together as a combined course?

Actually, it's not $500 each. All the instructors I know teach these courses as a combo and not separate. I have seen the price of the individual courses as high as $750 each. So to answer your questions, yes you do get sort of a price break. But it's really priced so you take both courses.

In south florida you have multiple dive ops available to choose from. Some have boats others don't so the price for trips varies. But that would be the least of my concerns when taking this class. Take the class from someone doing the type of dives you want to do, the price difference on trips, etc. becomes irrelevant if someone is just transferring book knowledge rather than transferring their real life experiences and knowledge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom