Tribolube 71 suitable for Nauticam DA-7000V o-rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OcciferNick

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello there,

I purchase a 2oz tube of Tribolube 71 a couple of years ago now for the o rings on my sea and sea housing however I didn't end up using it before I sold the housing. I have since purchased a Nauticam NA-7000V housing and wondered if the Tribolube is suitable for the o rings in this housing. Also the tube is still sealed but doesn't have an expiry date on it. I know it may be a totally stupid question but can it go off?

Kindest regards,
Nick

Last edited:
Not a stupid question at all Nick.

Tribolube is a suitable lubricant for every oring i have on both OC and CCR kit. The tube I have in my dive kit downstairs is at least 4-years old and is performing to specs as far as I can tell. It's viscosity in cold water is less than any of the other hyrdocarbon-free lubs I am aware of which is why I use it. In short, there seems to be no reason not to use it in your application.

Good luck mate.

Great thanks Steve :)
i also messaged the manufacturer and they said,

"No issue, should be compatible with any o-rings
Should be stable for more than 10 years, as o-ring lube even longer
You may want to knead the tube to lessen oil separation

Best regards,

Scott

Scott Stukenberg
Aerospace Lubricants
General Manager / Technical Advisor"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/