Delay In Route Cruise--Drop off for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobfmdc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anyone know of a cruise line that will drop passengers off on an island for a week, and let them re-board the next week?

We have often thought that combining a cruise with a week of diving would be fun, particularly to explore the eastern side of the Caribbean or areas off Belize.

Yeah, they call it "Missing the Boat". Good luck convincing them to let you back on the following week, I don't think US Customs would appreciate the change in the ship's manifest.

I'm sure they could work it out - but you may have to book two cruises. That still might beat the price of airfare, and be a lot more fun.

I'm sure they could work it out - but you may have to book two cruises. That still might beat the price of airfare, and be a lot more fun.

I think the only thing in the world worse than taking a cruise... would be taking TWO cruises.

Are you people going to pay me for being straight-man for your best cruise ship jokes?

Gimme a break. I have always wanted to be one of those obese, sun-burned, hungover line dancers you see in cruise ship ports riding Segways or those 3 wheeled motorcycles in a group down the street looking dangerous. Scuba divers only talk about fish. I wanna get with some of those cruise people and have some real fun over-eating and line dancin'.

Plus you get credits toward your next cruise if everyone gets norovirus.

Reactions: RJP
Are you people going to pay me for being straight-man for your best cruise ship jokes?

Gimme a break. I have always wanted to be one of those obese, sun-burned, hungover line dancers you see in cruise ship ports riding Segways or those 3 wheeled motorcycles in a group down the street looking dangerous. Scuba divers only talk about fish. I wanna get with some of those cruise people and have some real fun over-eating and line dancin'.

Plus you get credits toward your next cruise if everyone gets norovirus.
Wife and I have been on several cruises with a variety of cruise lines. Never had a bad vacation. Have we had bad experiences? Yes, but never to a point that it would ruin our fun in the sun nor keep me from booking another cruise vacation.
This topic has given me the itch to start looking at trips again. Need somewhere to go. Not gonna spend 7 weeks vacation looking out the front window[emoji12]

Reactions: RJP
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom