Zero to hero Divemaster program in 30 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemedic1316

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have created a special training program for those divers that know they want to be a dive pro. We have a no dives to divemaster program, it includes 60 dives on our CG inspected dive vessel, all air fills, tanks, weights, and an Divemaster internship. Proagram price includes all dives open water thru DM Cert and all Certs from open water, advanced, nitrox, rescue, EFR, and Divemaster
We are located in San Deigo California. Please see the following link.
International Fire Rescue Academy - Home
full price is 2,4950. US dollars. Housing is avialable.
Once you have your DM Cert you can go directly to IDC.

What agency is this again?

We have created a special training program for those divers that know they want to be a dive pro. We have a no dives to divemaster program, it includes 60 dives on our CG inspected dive vessel, all air fills, tanks, weights, and an Divemaster internship. Proagram price includes all dives open water thru DM Cert and all Certs from open water, advanced, nitrox, rescue, EFR, and Divemaster
We are located in San Deigo California. Please see the following link.
International Fire Rescue Academy - Home
full price is 2,4950. US dollars. Housing is avialable.

$24,950 is alot of cash - assuming the comma was in the wrong place

i'm guessing it would be PADI as they refer to Divemaster and Instructor Development Course

it sounds crazy - and expensive.
plus would PADI be happy to know that standards and procedures are being breached?

Last edited:
I just wanted to make sure because I think it might be misleading to tell someone they can move right to the IDC after a month's diving when PADI standards clearly state that you have to be certified for 6 months before you can participate in the IDC and you have to be certified a year or an AI (or equivalent) for 6 months before you can take the IE. So, I was just checking :)

R

appears the 30 days is elapsed calendar time. (Though even that looks more like 23...)

"Classes are four Fridays Saturday and Sunday in row.
Fridays 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am to dark."

60 dives for dm is what the standards say.

I can't figure out how they get 60 dives in over four weekends!

Week #1
Friday - Classroom (has to be right? OW academic review?)
Saturday - OW Confined and 2 dives
Sunday - OW Confined at 2 dives
Week 1 Total = 4

Week #2
Friday - 2 dives including night?
Saturday - 3 training dives
Sunday - uhh... EFR and Rescue practice?
Week #2 Total = 5

Week #3
Friday - uhh... 2 more dives?
Saturday - Rescue? (counts at 5)
Sunday - we'll just say 4 dives for fun
Week #3 Total = 11

Week #4
THE ENTIRE DIVEMASTER COURSE AND 40 DIVES THE END!

Yeah, I'm not seeing how that happens...

R

i emailed them off their site and this is the response ....

I am sorry. The zero to hero program does not take you to IDC level. It only goes to Dive Master and that is it. Open Water to Dive Master. You will also get your NITROX card. Would you like more information so you can attend? If you have any question please feel free to contact use.

Thank you,

Warren Browett
International Fire & Rescue Academy

still no idea on the dive numbers though - perhaps you are supposed to dive 4 times a day to get your own numbers up

i emailed them off their site and this is the response ....

I am sorry. The zero to hero program does not take you to IDC level. <snip>

Thank you,

Warren Browett
International Fire & Rescue Academy

That's not what the original post says...

R

Hey everyone let me talk, that is usually best anyway. Their are alot of people wanting to change jobs right now, and if your are attacking the market value, PADI only requires 60 dives In the program you dive Friday Night, Saturday all day, Sunday all day. We are 180 degrees from what you are saying. We are going the extra mile to make a great DM. We are looking at your training from day one, that you are going to be pro and we are expecting the best from the candidate. Since you are throwing stones I would be scared of myself if the only knowledge I had of safety was from the Diving Community. The 30 day program is everyday all day. 0700 until 2100 at night. It is by design a product of dealing with DM(s) who only know how to serve food and know nothing about dive medicine or Emergency Response. We are going to teach the real deal, not just what is read in pretty book. Students have the option to do time in ER at the hospital, Ride with the Beach Lifeguards, and local EMS. You cannot tell me that someone with no practical real world experience has he ability to manage a rescue and or medical emergency. That is why every Public Safety Agency has supervisors.

We are offering training from Public Safety PROS, who are also PADI pros, no standards are being breached. A DM is a Professional not a layman, yet he is using layman skills, CPR and AED are for the layman not the pro. Most remote international resorts do not have staff trained to the level of the US, and we seek to change that. We also know that only diving in one area does not make you good diver, so we offer diving on wrecks, in kelp, cold water, Deep Dives, good vis, bad vis, diving on real dive boat seeing what is presented everyday to a DM. Divers from the mid west with 7 dives that want to go to 90 feet with their spouse because they don't feel the need for advanced training. It is real world training. All day everyday. So when you leave. you are not learning at the expense of a novice diver, you already know how step in and be a PRO and supervise.
So.............stop bagging on something you know nothing about, the PADI IDC does not teach any more skills that you learned in DM. So.................If your knowledge is not strong as a DM it wont be strong as PADI OWSI. We are going to produce PROS who can swim, handle a small boat, understand nitrox and oxygen toxicity, Dive Medicine, and more. If it was about our bank account then we would not offer the program for 2,500 bucks. The instructors are working Paramedics, Homeland Security divers, as well as PADI PROS. We will take as much time as needed with a Student to get them to pro level. I guarantee it, we will make you a pro.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom