Now offering San Andres Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tadeotadeo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
SanAndresIsland
The sea of seven colors.
2009 Rates
$699 includes 8 days 7 nights, 12 dives including breakfast every morning at a bed and breakfast type resort (double occupancy)
Non-Diver only $399
Customize your trip for your group or club specific needs
Tad Miller
more about this magical place visit

Hi Tadeo; I booked my tickets for S. Andres to reach there on June 18. Now have some crazy idea: what about flying to Providencia for one day dive round trip; once in S.Andres, just to know it, then if I like it, stay there next year? Thank you. B.Rgds: Arturo

Have considered diving San Andres in the past since it apparently counts as a South American dive site (despite being off Central America, and Bonaire doesn't despite its proximity to Venezuela) and I've heard pretty good reports about the diving there over the past few years. Will check out your web site!

I consider it A Caribbean diving destination, not sure how scubaboard splits there forum up, it is a bit confusing.
Let me know if you have any questions about SAI
Ciao
Tad

Solarmat
Yes you could do a day trip to OPI, it might ba a little tight but I think possable. Being is such a rush in OPI will be hard, things just do not opperate that way in the island. But it is worth a try. Let me know if you need help with arainging a trip to OPI for the day.
Ciao
Tad

tadeotadeo,

Are there direct flights from Panama City to San Andres?

Do you plan to put up a site that would provide more details on the accomodations and the dive boat?

Hi Hypersonic
Copa Air flys to SAI from Panama City
I do plan on doing a new web page later this year with more info on the accomidationa nd boats.
Ciao
Tad

Folks be Very carefula baout dive trips to San Andres. I have been 2 times for a week each, and aonly got 2 dives in 1 day. The Harbormaster controls All boats, and in his discretion lets them go out or not. The 2nd time (when I actually got to dive) the seas were 2-4 all week, and I just think he really didn't want to deal with the plethora of boats trying to get out. That being siad the 2 dives were very nice. But 2 weeks on an Island with nothing to do but shop (not one of my priorities) was painful. DON'T GO IN THE SUMMER!!! A HURRICANE IN BERMUDA WILL STOP THEM FROM LETTING YOU DO OUT.

Mikefolger
Sorry to hear about your experience, as we all know weather can play a part in any dive trip. On two separate trips the same thing, I feel your pain. Usually if the weather is bad on one side of the island, windy, you can go to the other side and get some diving in during the northly winds season. Who did you dive with? I am guessing you were at one of the package deals where the dive ops are under the control of the harbormaster, who is more qualified to keep inexperienced vacationers safe. Could you have checked around for one of the other dive ops on the island to see if you could get out with them, there are about a half dozen or so. Next time book with me I will refund your money in way of another trip or get you on with another dive op to get some diving in.
As far as the summer and hurricanes San Andres lies parallel with Aruba which is out of the hurricane belt, San Andres Island is much further west. The last time San Andres experienced hurricane force winds was in the 60's
Well I hope you give it another try, because I get a lot of good feedback. In fact this is the first negative I have heard. Contact me if you do decide to go and I will give you the best times to go or the possible distractions at certain times of the year.
Ciao
Tad

We spent 3 weeks there last summer...lots of rain...but the most incredible diving!! We dove with karibik divers...loved them!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom