dive new jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rynno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i am going to lavalette new jersey in aug was wondering if anyone new of a good dive excursion shop in that area or close by . i am still new new to diving only 13 dives under my belt . can any one help me out
thanks

i am going to lavalette new jersey in aug was wondering if anyone new of a good dive excursion shop in that area or close by . i am still new new to diving only 13 dives under my belt . can any one help me out
thanks

Jersey diving is not like most touristed dive destinations. Others will I'm sure shortly regale you with tales of how much they puked over the side, etc. on their first trip out. If you catch a good day, it can be quite nice. If you have no cold water experience, 13 dives is probably not enough to do it safely, but if you found a shop that would send a DM down to buddy with you it might work (obviously, expect to pay for the DM's time). Most dives are around 90 feet, though, so if you don't have AOW it's probably for naught.

The other option is to dive one of the quarries, or try diving one of the inlets. If you don't have much experience with cold water diving and with diving in current, I'd probably pass until you have more experience in a variety of conditions. We did two Jersey dives for our 16th and 17th dives as part of our AOW (having done primarily cold water ocean dives before that), had amazing conditions, and it was still not something we were probably entirely ready for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom