Yap special; 8 days for $1300 in August of this year for 1 or max 2 more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asaxon

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Yap special; 8 days for $1300 in August of this year.

Seven of us "Moby Kate Divers' have scheduled an 8 day trip to Yap Aug 2-11th at the Manta Ray Bay Resort. We are looking for one more (but two would be OK) to come and share in the cost as it is 7 paid – 1 “free”. For 8, we will thus reduce the cost to each person by 1/8 and the resulting cost of the hotel/dive package would be about $1300 for the 8 days. If two more came, we'd get 1/8 off each price so it would stay at $1300 for the trip. This purposely does not include a meal plan (except breakfast) as Bill Acker the owner actually advised against it. The airfare is the big ticket item with fare round trip LA - Yap - LA currently about $1750 If you have United/Continental miles(now that they are merged), that would be a great way to pay for the airfare.

You can check out MantaRay Bay on line

We expect this to be a great trip for because;
• 1) We are going in the summer and this is not high season which is dictated by travelers to/from Palau & Truk, i.e. it will not be crowded.
• 2) The owner, Bill Acker, promised us all "Royal treatment". He is a friend of Bill and Suzy Macdonald of Macdonald productions (former Moby Kate partners). Bill and Suzy will also be there as they are spending 5 weeks (overlapping our visit) redoing the advertising videos for the resort.
• 3) Summer is the time of the year in Yap with the best vis and ocean conditions are flat are such we should be able to access all the sites.

If you have any interest, email me. asaxonatmednet.ucla.edu. For some reason, the site won't let me put in the email with the "ampersign" so you should be able to figure out my email from this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom