Diving Tofo, Mozambique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If your wanting to see, Manta Rays, Whale Sharks, Humpback Whales, Reef sharks, Turtles, Small Eyed stingrays.
We can arrange a diving package for you.

Hello Peri Peri! Dove with PP for @10 days two years ago and can't say enough about them. Great dive op...professional and a lot of fun...and you get the added bonus of diving with researchers from the Marine Megafauna Foundation who frequently go out with them. Moz/Tofo is also some of the best diving I've done anywhere in the world..hope to get back there someday soon.

Hello, great to hear back from old friends
Diving has been epic lately, lots of Mantas about, we had two Giant Mantas this morning on Giants, I'm sure its one of the reefs you visited while you were here.

Hi PeriPeri, I'm coming to Mozambique and wanting to Dive in Tofo as I've heard many good reports about the all year round whale sharks, mantas, turtles plus more. Can you please provide details on packages that you do that could include this? Thanks

When is the whale shark and humpback whale season?

Jake, Whale sharks are around year-round, the humpbacks in the colder water months, June to September, but some occasionally pop up later. They are a rare sight when on SCUBA though. One of the best places to see them is the Turk and Caicos Jan to March, where you can snorkel with them with a very high chance of success.

Very tempting... I've given thought to heading there for several years now.

As a diving and safari travel agent, and as a photographer, I rate it highly. I've been three times, and I've only ever had happy clients come back from there. But better go sooner than later Bill.

Dove with Peri Peri again in Tofo mid November..absolute tail end of humpback season, in fact it should have been over, but had saw humpbacks on two days..once very close as we were surfacing from a dive. While just out of range to be able to see them on scuba, it is possible to see them while diving during the season. Saw whale sharks almost every day on surface intervals, including 7 on one day. Peri Peri is great about both spotting them and allowing as much time as people like to get in and snorkel with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom