Vintage: Healthways Scuba Star Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Old first and second stage reg. Not been used in a long time. I am sure will need to be overhauled..

Healthways Scuba star it says on second stage

Any offers?

took some pics with my phone..

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed (4).jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed.jpg

Looks like your serial number is lower than mine!

2012-07-26_12-41-01_122.jpg

dumsterdiver I acquired an old sportsways service manual (digital copy) .I don't know if it will help you. But if you massage me your Email I can send you a copy . The sight here will not let me attach
it here

dumsterdiver I acquired an old sportsways service manual (digital copy) .I don't know if it will help you. But if you massage me your Email I can send you a copy . The sight here will not let me attach
it here

Thanks but I am interested in selling some of this old gear rather than spending more on it... This seems like one of the earlier single hose regulators..

Wow the reg is like 50 yrs old!

Anyone ? offers?

The basic design dates back to the 1950s and it was made by Aqualung. It was replaced by slightly more modern adaptations like this Aqualung/US Divers "Deepstar" sold from sold from 1965-1969 with a little different cover on the second stage and a rubber exhaust tee.

They are dirt simple to service and as there are really no high pressure O-rings downstream of the seat it can be services with fairly common O-rings. The seat can be flipped and you can adapt more modern seats from regs like the Scuabpro MK 2 or 3, if you are willing to do a little hand fitting. Vintage Double hose may also sell a seta that will work in it.

The are fun to dive, but with one LP port only and no HP port, it's J-valve, no power inflator BC diving. Yours would have value for someone wanting to dive one, provided it was in working condition, but it's missing a little too much chrome to be very collectible. Regs like that tend to end up in dive shop displays where they also have some instructional value about what's changed in a single hose reg - and what hasn't.

982A9517-FF7D-4108-B7AC-A67CDD897C79_zpsc6dnynuy.jpg

Thanks.. I've got too many regulators to mess with fixing this one. I should be trying harder to sell some stuff.

Back
Top Bottom