Powder-Free Latex Exams Gloves Needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deborahdelamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Cozumel's Red Cross needs gloves and if any of you is able to donate & carry down, we would appreciate it very much.

Our ambulances and emergency medical treatments are provided to the public at no cost, this service uses a lot of gloves every day, and the Red Cross doesn't receive enough donations to purchase these in Mexico where they are very expensive.

This is an immediate as well as ongoing need.
We will pick up anywhere on the island.

Specs:
Powder-Free LATEX (not vinyl; nitrile is acceptable but those cost more) Exam Gloves
in Dispenser Box (50-100 gloves/box)
Size Large

Thank you so much!
-Deb

Do you have space in your suitcase???

We have purchased 100 boxes of gloves in the USA, which arrived at a friend's warehouse in New York a few days ago and are waiting for transfer to Cozumel via tourists.
Please consider carrying down a few boxes for us -- they are badly needed by our ambulance and clinical services.
They will be mailed to you at our expense, so the closer you are to the east coast, the better!
I will arrange pickup from your hotel or another location at your option.

Thank you!

We can bring a couple of boxes.

Harbor Freight sells non-latex gloves cheap I anyone lives near one they could get some to take with. They are the blue nitrile gloves, too.

No offense but I'm not going to carry ANYTHING through customs that was packaged by someone else.

Not to mention that's it's a violation of the travel regs to put anything on board packed by someone else.

You need to find a better way to transport these.

Do you have space in your suitcase???

We have purchased 100 boxes of gloves in the USA, which arrived at a friend's warehouse in New York a few days ago and are waiting for transfer to Cozumel via tourists.
Please consider carrying down a few boxes for us -- they are badly needed by our ambulance and clinical services.
They will be mailed to you at our expense, so the closer you are to the east coast, the better!
I will arrange pickup from your hotel or another location at your option.

Thank you!

TC:
No offense but I'm not going to carry ANYTHING through customs that was packaged by someone else.

Not to mention that's it's a violation of the travel regs to put anything on board packed by someone else.

You need to find a better way to transport these.

We don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so for those who are, don't volunteer to help. We ship factory-packed, dispenser boxes of gloves in USPS Priority Mail flat-rate boxes. The glove boxes should be removed from the shipping box before packing in luggage. They may be carefully opened at the tab end for inspection if you like.

There is no better way for us to transport low-cost medical supplies into Cozumel than by tourist "burro." Aduana (customs) officers at Cozumel airport cooperate with the Cruz Roja to allow these items into Mexico in small quantities. Given our recent experience, the agents at Cancun airport are also cooperative. If asked, all a passenger needs to do is tell them it's a donation to the Mexican Red Cross. No need to declare on the customs form unless each person is bringing in over US$300 in goods to leave in the country.

The gloves cost under US$6 per box before adding the postage to you. When we buy these in Mexico, the cost per box is over 200 pesos plus freight from Mexico City. Since we are a charity -- providing free ambulance response & treatment plus a very low-cost ER and medical clinic -- all operating within federal certification codes for medical facilities -- and since we have a very small income to work with, you can see that this purchasing strategy makes a lot of sense for us.

Our first mission is to help people; not to cause anyone harm.

Thanks to those who will help.

---------- Post Merged on September 25th, 2012 at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was on September 24th, 2012 at 08:41 AM ----------

Will These work:
Medi Touch Latex Powder Free, 24pkgs, 50ea (1200ct): Home Health Care : Walmart.com
I'll be there on the 13th of Oct. I should have a bag to bring these.

Yes, those are perfect, BUT the Walmart item consists of a CASE of 24 boxes which is too many to bring at once -- weight-wise & customs-wise -- unless you're coming with other people who can share the load. If you bought the case, store some of the boxes at home for future visits.

6-7 boxes max per suitcase and customs probably won't bother you at all. More boxes per suitcase and they will stop you to find out if you're carrying a commercial shipment. Once you explain their purpose, all will be OK but I don't want you to go through that hassle on your arrival!

And THANK YOU!

I fly a lot for work and get a free bag allowance depending how I book flights on certain airlines. Kim and I got the red light going through customs a couple of years ago. One bag was all stuffed, full to the brim for the Red Cross and Humane Society stuff... Gloves, gauze, cotton packing and tape(s), 50.3 lbs if I remember correctly:wink:. The officer looked in the bag, looked at me and I said "Cruz Roja" he zipped the bag shut and we breezed right through customs. All material were in their original packing. They knew/ know we are helping. I will continue to bring as much as allowed. If everyone did this there would no be such a shortage of things we take for granted in the states. I hope to never need their services....

Hello I had room for a couple boxes when I came down today (and my employer is more generous they realize,
bless their corporate heart). I am staying at Blue Angel for the week, could I leave them for you at the front desk?

Sorry I missed this (been occupied with Hurricane Sandy & some other stuff.) Yes, front desk is good. I'll pick up Thurs or Fri morning. And thank you very, very much!

Back
Top Bottom