Eagle Rays Everyday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Given that the Eagle Rays are back in force, Aldora Divers will be running an afternoon boat everyday to Cantarell Wall AKA Eagle Ray Reef. That will be from the downtown Aldora Pier. The one tank dive is open to anyone checking in by 2 pm, for a 2:30 PM Departure. Tanks will be steel 120s and Nitrox will be supplied for free to those certified for nitrox. The cost will be $56. This will be starting on Saturday Dec 8. See our web site for more details or contact us.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

local phone 872 3397
Frontdesk@aldora.com

Woohoo! They were beautiful up there yesterday afternoon. 16 for sure. Unsure how many of all the rest we saw might've been repeats.
Safety stop featured the group of 10, coming back to glide like shadows along the wall below us. Stunning!

What is the time frame for the rays visit? Are they still present in Feb?

Actually they can be found year round but not in big schools. November through late spring however, they tend to congregate in one area we call Cantarell Wall, some call Eagle Ray Alley. February should still be prime time. The dive site itself is not very interesting but it is close to town, just to the north of the Villa Aldora and Coral Princess, but as you saw from the post above, it can be one of the most spectacular sights you can see underwater.

In our program, new for this year, we are taking out afternoon 1 tank trips everyday, and since it might be a third dive for many people we provide free nitrox.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Since 1992

Sounds great..thanks Dave! Do taxis mind a few sets of wet gear in the trunk?

I saw squadrons of them on an east coast boat dive in Bonaire..it was quite the site and one I would like to see again!

Our office is just a few blocks from the Aldora Pier and we can help with wet gear, maybe even deliver it to you if need be...we want to make it as easy for you as we can.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Since 1992

This is from January 2011:

4wfx5eu

5v7jj8b

These are from March 2011 up at Cantarell

I have some other pix from March 2012 but need to locate them.
I would consider this a must do dive if conditions are right and they are there to watch. I like this better dive than any dive I've ever done, anywhere. It's amazing to watch these rays swim past playing in the current. I wish I could stay and watch them for hours and hours.

Actually they can be found year round but not in big schools. November through late spring however, they tend to congregate in one area we call Cantarell Wall, some call Eagle Ray Alley. February should still be prime time.........

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Since 1992
Wahooo!! Glad to hear that February should still be prime time. Trip is booked with Aldora.

Thanks Dave! I dove with you guys a few years back and remember where the shop is!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom