Spring-springfest 2009 When?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LIVES4SHARKS

SHARK DIVA AI
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since the question has been asked about when next year, I thought I would start up a thread to get feelers out there on dates! We are under no obligations at this time to make any final decisions! Just some things to think about! But then some of us might need this long to make plans!

APRIL 17-19
APRIL 24-26
MAY 1-3

(Mother's day is the 2nd weekend of May so that is out.)

Carolyn:sharks:

I live close enough to make any of those so you guys decide and I will show up.

Lets try to make it consistant, first weekend after tax deadline :) Makes scheduling easy every year! :D

fine with me. I'm not a churchgoer (unless you include st. mattress) but double check there aren't any movable feasts that would conflict and cause an issue.

Why don't we, instead of planning on a moving date, settle on a fixed date . . . the third weekend in April.

That way both the Spring-Springfest AND Vortoberfest are always held on the same weekends 6 months apart.

the K

Why don't we, instead of planning on a moving date, settle on a fixed date . . . the third weekend in April.

That way both the Spring-Springfest AND Vortoberfest are always held on the same weekends 6 months apart.

the K

as long as we allow changes if Easter is that weekend.... (but I think that's obvious...)

however, one of the original reasons we chose this weekend is for anyone who wanted to shore dive the jetties and it was a "good tides" weekend. that should be looked at every year also for consideration. just something to think about.

high Tide on April 17th (Fri) at PCB St Andrews is 3:44pm
high Tide on April 18th (Sat)at PCB St Andrews is 4:41pm

plenty of time to get lunch, get tank refills and head to St Andrews for an afternoon jetty dive after a morning boat dive for anyone wanting to. Or on Friday plenty of time for an afternoon jetty dive after driving down that day.

however, one of the original reasons we chose this weekend is for anyone who wanted to shore dive the jetties and it was a "good tides" weekend. that should be looked at every year also for consideration. just something to think about.

I don't think it was ever a big consideration as nobody ever went to dive the jetties at Spring-SpringFest or any of the last three Vortoberfests :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom