Kayak Against Cancer: Tenth Annual!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My kayak dive club, Kayuba, is proud to announce our Tenth Annual Kayak Against Cancer! We are having a kick-off party Thursday May 20 at The Parrot Lounge in Fort Lauderdale, and the big event is Saturday, June 19.

We are using Facebook as our way to communicate to participants and those interested in the cause. I invite anyone here to join the group and then suggest the group to interested friends. You are under no obligation to participate if you join the group, but you will receive updates as we move closer to the date.

Kayak Against Cancer is committed to raising money and awareness for American Cancer Society while pursuing the healthy outdoor sport of kayaking.

Kayak Against Cancer is a project of Kayuba, the Kayak Scuba Club in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This year's event, on June 19, 2010 marks the Tenth Annual Kayak Against Cancer.

Kayak Against Cancer event has raised over $179,000 for the American Cancer Society. We know this would not be possible without all of you. We want to thank all of our volunteers, participants and sponsors who have participated and helped raise money for such a great cause and hope to see everyone again this year for a strong turnout.

Kayuba appreciates everyone’s participation – we hope to see you this year for an even bigger and better event!

For more information, visit Kayuba, or contact Ronni at 954-292-6733 or rrdolphin@comcast.net

KAC_2010%20Flyer.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good time and a worthy cause. I hope to be there.

:bump: Remember, THIS SATURDAY...you don't have to preregister, just show up Saturday morning. Details are all in the first post. TENTH ANNUAL...it's a GREAT time for a GREAT cause and, the raffle prizes at the after-event party at Bahia Cabana are AWESOME!

Looking forward to some yakking and hangin' out with others!!!

Good times. I hear they broke the $200,000 mark! Vice Mayor of Ft. Lauderdale had a proclaimation of making Saturday, June 19, 2010 Ft. Lauderdale's Kayak Against Cancer Day.

I did the intermediate route of 6 miles. My yak is not a fast sleek one, so when I finally got back to shore, I was quite happy to be finished. Next year though, I hope to do the 12 miles.

Party afterwards was good with lots of really nice prizes. Even raffled off a Yellow OK Trident 11'! Would have been a nice compliment to my Orange Trident. The guy who won it, donated it back and it was auctioned off.. High bidder $525. What a steal!

Awesome...Jenny, THANKS for participating!!!!

It was fun. But when I got home, I had a splitting headache. I think it was attributed to the sun, being on the water for a few hours, not drinking enough water, too much beer on an empty stomach afterwards, fried food, sweating. yeah. Sounds like the makings of some dehydration! I'll be more careful next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom