"Try GUE" - FREE Event - Wallins Dive Center - October 9, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
“Try GUE” – Free Event – Saturday October 9th, 2010

Backed by popular demand, BAUE & Wallins Dive Center are hosting another FREE “Try GUE” demo day!!!

This is a fantastic opportunity to learn a little about Global Underwater Explorers (GUE) and Bay Area Underwater Explorers (BAUE), try some of our equipment, meet our local GUE Instructors and GUE/BAUE divers and see some of our skills in action!

Registration is required and space is limited!! To sign up drop me a PM and let us know what equipment you’d like to sample.

We are going to have lots of fun! Hope to see some of you there!

Where: Wallins Dive Center
1119 Industrial Rd
San Carlos, Ca

Time: Noon – 3pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m posting this on Rob’s behalf.

What is the "Try GUE" event?
It's an opportunity in the pool to try out some of the equipment (such as a backplate/wing and longhose) and techniques (such as horizontal trim and non-silting propulsion techniques) that GUE divers use.

What do I need to bring?
We will have several sets of GUE-style equipment for participants to try, including various tanks, backplates, wings, etc. If you already have your own equipment, you are welcome to bring it, otherwise please indicate when signing up what equipment you will need or would like to try out so we can be sure to have some available. Please be sure to bring your C-card as well as personal gear (mask, suit, etc)

Who will be at this event?
Local BAUE members and GUE instructors will be on-hand to talk about GUE as an organization, some of the local projects we are doing and some of the equipment we use, as well as to give demos, guidance and to answer questions about GUE training.

I'd like to try out a certain piece of equipment (e.g. canister light, double tanks, etc.); is that possible?
While we can't guarantee anything, if you indicate what you are interested in trying when you sign up, we'll do our best to have enough equipment available to try out.

I've heard or read about the GUE Fundamentals class and would like to take it; what can I do to prepare?
Come to the event and meet some of the local GUE instructors who will better be able to answer questions about training options to best meet your specific needs/goals.

I'm not interested in technical diving, but would like to learn more about GUE. Should I still come to the event?
Absolutely! All of the equipment, techniques, and procedures that we use are very applicable to all types of diving (and most of the diving we do is in recreational ranges). Come try it out for yourself :)

Hey I know I am late but are you guys going to have another one of these soon? If so what is the minimum age and could you provide jet fins?

KZ:
Hey I know I am late but are you guys going to have another one of these soon? If so what is the minimum age and could you provide jet fins?

Hi KZ, will let you know when we schedule another event :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom