3rd Annual Best DAM Halloween Dive - 10/25/08 - CANCELLED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, for the 3rd year now, back by popular demand, it's time for the BEST DAM Halloween Dive!!

This is a private, non shop affiliated, charter aboard the DDII, limited to 12 Divers. If you know the DDII that's less than 2 people per bench. I like having lots of room :D

6 spots are already spoken for, that means I got 6 left to fill!

When: Saturday October 25th, 2008, 8-12AM
Where: Courtesy Boat Ramp, Lake Pleasant Marina
Cost: $40-45, BYOT (bring your own tanks (doubles are cool, plenty of room))
What: 2 dives on the "Old" Waddell DAM aboard the Diver Down II.

Respond here or PM to claim your spot, spots will fill quickly I will go by SB timestamp.

-Garrett

Fine Print (Blunt):
FYI, Cost is just that, COST, I don't take a free spot and I don't make any money on this trip, I'm getting LDS pricing for the boat and (USCG Licensed) captain, oops now you know how much your LDS pays. I just like going out and diving with friends and this is the best way to dive the dam, small load, experienced captain, roomy boat.

First 6 people to give me a firm commitment are "In" unless I really don't like you :D (No really :wink:). I work off the honor system and if you say your in, I expect you there or to let me know ASAP, so I can go onto the next person and fill the spot and not get stuck with your portion of the charter. Bring cash on the day of the trip, plan on $45+tip, don't expect me to make change or slide a credit card, homie don't play that. Tanks ARE NOT Included!! Some weights are on-board, but if you wanna dive the DAM you should probably be the kind of diver who owns your own gear and has (your own) weights dialed-in (see below).

The DAM & The Diver: Top of the dam is currently @ 45', so probably will be around there when this trip goes, thermocline drops temp into the 50's, it's deep, it's dark, it's cold, if you aren't experienced in these conditions, this trip isn't for you. This isn't a shop sponsored trip, that means no paid (or unpaid) babysitters on-board, if you need one, this trip isn't for you. If you aren't sure about diving the DAM, this trip isn't for you. You get the picture. I'm not a match maker, make your own buddy before showing up please.

I have to cancel this unfortunately, turns out I'm preparing to move that weekend and most of the "regular" attendees will be @ DEMA. I didn't have any firm commitments from SB, surprising since I filled up 2 boats last year but OH well...We'll try it again possibly later in the fall if there's interest.

-Garrett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom