UTD Essentials in Austin TX, July or August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ae3753

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Swampers,

Wanted to see if there was interest in a UTD Essentials course in Austin during the summer.

Either Essentials of Recreational Diving or Essentials of Technical Diving can be offered, and depends on the needs of those interested. For recreational divers interested in improving individual and team skills as well as dive planning and situational awareness, then Essentials of Recreational Diving is best class. For divers interested in technical diving, then Essentials of Technical Diving is a pass/fail course that teaches and tests the skills required to enter a technical course. This course is in doubles and a stage/deco bottle.

The courses will be three days of instruction and diving - Friday to Sunday. Minimum of three students required for a class.

I did my OW training in Lake Travis and have fond memories of the old dive park, the jungle gym, and a toilet at 90' near mansfield dam. The diving wife is visiting some friends at the moment, and told me she ate a breakfast burrito, had a mexican martini, and ate some brisket from Rudy's today. As the result, I'm posting on SB to see if there's interest in a class.

Please PM me or respond to this thread if you have questions regarding the class.

Thanks.

Myself and a buddy are interested in a rec course. Not sure if a Fri-Sun would work though, as I may have some trouble getting a Friday off during those months. Any possibility of a July 3rd-5th class? Or possibly Labor Day weekend? And ballpark pricing? Thanks.

Hi orlowskij,

July 3rd-5th is a possibility, however I will have to defer to local divers to provide insight on Mansfield Dam dive park access and usage during those days. If it's possible to dive and conduct classes during that time, then July 4th weekend is good.

Labor Day weekend I'll be in Mexico cave diving, so unfortunately cannot do it then.

Costs are as follows:
1) Registration and Course materials - $99
2) Instructor fee - $450

Park fees, gas fills, etc are extra. However, there is no charge for instructor travel or instructor gas fills.

Thanks.

-Don

I would love to take the rec class if I can fit it in my schedule, but I don't have a buddy available to take it with me (shes taking summer classes), is that OK?

Back
Top Bottom